Tuesday 3 May 2016

Spring has sprung, Floral Ina Skirt:)


    "The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the works of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge."

Psalm 19:1-2






     Hello all!:) This is my latest sewing project, patternreview.com's "Ina Maxi Skirt". I purchased this pdf pattern a couple of months ago while I was still pregnant. I cut three different skirts, but this one is my favourite:) This bright floral print caught my eye immediately at my local Fabricville. I picked up enough to make this maxi skirt and a dress of some sort.




   This fabric is a knit, but doesn't have a ton of stretch. I really wanted to use it though, so I made it work;)




    This was my the first pdf pattern I've purchased, and I'm sure it won't be my last. This is an incredibly easy and fast project (as fast as it can be to fit in sewing time with two little kiddies underfoot;) ha! "Fast and Easy" sewing is what I'm all about these days! I started my three skirts while I was still pregnant. I sewed up the smallest size. I haven't lost all my baby weight yet, but I can still wear the skirt, just a little higher up on my waist. Once I get down to my post pregnancy weight, I'll probably have to hem the skirt (I'm only 5'2")



   
     I was hoping to get some outdoor "walking" photos to better show the swishyness of the skirt (I love the gores!) but it was too windy and cold :( I'll get more photos at some point when the weather is warmer:)

More photos!:)









 

     I would like to make more of these skirts, especially now that I'm breast-feeding. As much as I adore dresses, separates are more practical right now. I'd like to make a version with a more fitted skirt around the hips and thighs, flaring out for a more "mermaid" fit. *Love*! I highly recommend this pattern! I do wish it were a little easier to tell the front from the back (I think I'm actually wearing it backwards in these photos!). I may sew a tag or something in the back waistbands from now on.

3 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in this gorgeous floral skirt. It's hard to believe you have only recently had a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to orgasm in that pretty skirt

    ReplyDelete