Saturday 2 September 2017

McCalls 7467

 "Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.  For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Jude 1:3-4










Connect with me on instagram,  @ rikkiboneschansker:)


  Happy Saturday my friends!:) I can't believe its September already! My last post I mentioned that I wasn't ready to give up Summer sewing quite yet, but now I feel ready to transition into some Fall stuff. Yesterday the temperature was definitely Fall-like, even though its technically Summer for another couple of weeks. I went to Fabricville the other day and all their Fall collection is out on display. I picked up a couple of remnant pieces of a lovely soft Fall knit & I'm already thinking about what to make with it:) 

I finished this dress earlier in the week & started on my last Summer project of the season, my "European Holiday Dress" (because of the print, not that I'm heading on any vacation, lol).  More on that next post! Now back to the current project!





   
       The floral print is polyester-lycra knit from my stash. The black is a heavier scuba knit. Initially I cut out the pieces for view D. I just love the look with the funnel-type collar. The black fabric wasn't stretchy enough for this patten though (you'd think I'd have learned by now, :p). I cut black sleeves & the back of the dress in the scuba knit & cut the collar but it turned out too tight & the collar didn't look like the illustration at all! I was pretty bummed about that:/ I basted all the seams together but I didn't want to unpick the middle panel so I left the black front sides. I really like the contrast & it makes it appear more hour-glass (bonus!).

    I then cut out the sleeves in the floral but I didn't like how it looked, so I made it sleeveless, with arm & neck band. I used 1/4" elastic to gather the middle panel after trying to gather the usual way which was a total fail! Next time I'll try something else.  The elastic is very uncomfortable against my skin so I need to wear a full slip underneath, which is ok, I have one I really like.







       So that's it for me today! How about you all? Are you done with Summer sewing? Have most of you moved on to Fall wear? What are you working on or what plans do you have? I'd love to hear!:) I hope you all are doing great & enjoy day!





4 comments:

  1. The verse from Jude inspired the name of my favorite podcast--Fighting For the Faith! The black really makes for a flattering silhouette, though that's a bummer about the funnel neck. A funnel neck would've made a great transition dress for fall. Did you use clear elastic for the panels or just regular 1/4"? Summer usually hangs on until later in September. It's not unusual for us to go from 80 degrees to the first snow in the same week, so I'll probably be making a couple more summer-leaning things, though any tees I make will have long sleeves now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I used regular 1/4" but I have used the clear elastic in the past too as well. I should have use clear this time, I just wasn't thinking:/ It was really warm today but the past few days were cool. The weather can be so unpredictable eh?:)

      Delete
  2. I think you really made your dress work! It looks great on you!
    As far as summer sewing goes, I am lagging behind, and still trying to wrap things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I have several unfinished Summer projects but I don't think I'll get them all done this year. Good for you though for finishing your makes! I really should but I lost patienc/interest, lol.

      Delete