Tuesday 16 January 2018

Priscilla Dress Hack, Day&Night Dress Challenge!:)



"Jesus said to him, "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

-John 14:6


"The the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?" 
"Truly, truly, I tell you," Jesus declared, "before Abraham was born, I AM!"

-John 8:57-58









    Hey my lovely readers!:) I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season! I spent Christmas with my husband's family this year and while we were away I entered a contest on Instagram and won a pattern! Its this knockout bodycon-style "Priscilla Dress" by Rosy @ https://www.rosypenapatterns.com/. I've been following Rosy's Youtube Channel for a few months now. Sewing Vlogs in general are my new favourite thing, lol:) I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant now (so about halfway through!) so I knew I wouldn't be able to fit in the pattern as-is, but I was so smitten by it that I planned immediately to make it baby-friendly so I could wear it now:)

Rosy's Priscilla Dress, in her two views:)


       I did some research on making maternity clothing and studied RTW tops I have and ended up starting with the the size Small (though I could have used the XS) adding three inches of length to the midsection of the front dress piece only, and adding width for my tummy. I'll post a few photos below to show give a better idea of how to go about it if you're looking to pattern-hack for maternity:) I must say I *really* wanted to make my dress with a turtle-neck, however, even though the pregnancy-related nausea has passed for the most part, I still can't tolerate anything tight around my neck (major gag-reflex:p). I decided to cut a scoop neck instead. I simply cut a band and faced the neckline.















       As you can see, I just drew a straight line from underneath the armhole to the hip. I have a Burda maternity top pattern that I've used in the past that is similar to this, but I'm not as far along as I was when I used it last, so I ended up taking the dress in a bit. I cut a horizontal line about midway between the lengthen/shorten line and added three inches and gathered the front & sewed the front and back together.




     If you've ever worn a maternity top/dress, with gathering at the midsection, the front and back are often both gathered. If I had used a thinner polyester/spandex knit I may have lengthened both front and back pieces and gathered, but since I was using a thicker sweater-type knit (this is a rayon/polyester knit from Fabricville), I didn't want bunching at my lower back. I wanted it to fit as smoothly as possible.



   Well, I hope that helps someone!:) Next up is sewing a couple of dresses for The Day&NightDressChallenge hosted by Elizabeth at elizabethmadethis.com. Challenge video here.She's *so* talented! Her makes just blow me away! She also has a fantastic Youtube Channel which I follow. I just love the online sewing community! Sewing is pretty much a solo activity (and I don't personally know a lot of people who garment sew), so its nice to connect with others on blogs, Instagram, Facebook groups, etc.


   Well, thats it for today:) Have a great week everyone!

    

8 comments:

  1. Yay!! Your hack turned out beautifuly I'm certain this post will help someone out with their maternity hack endeavors! Thank you for sharing! XO - Rosy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr VOODOO cure me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr VOODOO prepared the remedy and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr VOODOO instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after 7 days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr VOODOO took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr VOODOO heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348140120719. He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

      Delete
  2. You look lovely in your dress, and the maternity adjustment worked well! I wouldn't even see your belly if it wasn't for the side view. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vanessa!:) P.S, I'll let you know once the parcel arrives!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy,Hepatitis,Parkinson disease.Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is always beautiful when you have good health. For almost a year had Hpv and I was lonely and sad luckily I was directed to a very kind and Great Dr Onokun who helped me cure my Hpv and today I am free from Hpv and very healthy thank you so much Dr Onokun Email him via: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I contacted herpes' I was told there is no herpes cure except treatment to
    control it. I totally lost hope. All I could think was losing my life it
    was so embarrassing to have this virus, few weeks ago I ready about a
    possible natural herbs cure which was guaranteed. And I ordered the natural
    herbs treatment from Dr voodoo after some weeks I got 100? cure. Now I'm so
    excited to share this testimony contact Dr voodoo WhatsApp number
    +2348140120719 also e-mail him at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete